In this one-hour, project-based course, you’ll be introduced to the diverse tree of Linux distributions and explore a version of […]
In this one-hour, project-based course, you’ll be introduced to the diverse tree of Linux distributions and explore a version of Ubuntu, called “Xubuntu.” You’ll learn how to open applications and change settings, how to customize the Desktop and download new color schemes. You’ll also learn how to install software and games. This guided project will introduce you to the following concepts:
- Linux family tree
- Ubuntu Linux Operating System Note: This course works best for learners who are based in the North America region. We’re currently working on providing the same experience in other regions.
In this Guided Project, you will:
- Learn the history and origin of Ubuntu Linux Operating System.
- Navigate and customize the Xubuntu Desktop environment.
- Install software in Linux.
No download needed
In a video that plays in a split-screen with your work area, your instructor will walk you through these steps:
- A Brief History
- Exploring the Desktop
- Playing with Colors
- Optional Activity: Install a New Theme
- Exploring the Included Applications
- Installing new Software and Games
- Optional Activity: Something Else
Note: This is part of the larger overall course IT Support Specialist. To complete it fully, you will need to complete all of the following courses:
- Google IT Support
- Getting Started with Ubuntu Linux
- Command Line Basics in Linux
- Create IT Diagrams with Lucidchart
- Introduction to Docker: Build Your Own Portfolio Site
- Package Installation in Linux
- Advanced Commands in Linux
- Linux: I/O Redirection for DevOps
- Use Bash Scripting on Linux to Execute Common commands
- Linux: Introduction to Shell Scripting for DevOps
- Files and directories in the Linux filesystem