Find out more about work experience & skills gaining, placements and volunteering opportunities at YFL.
The changing nature of Youth Future Lab creates many opportunities for individuals, with or without work experience, to join our team, mainly as volunteers, in multiple areas. Check out the current positions that you deem most suitable for you.
By becoming a volunteer or working with us on job placement, you will:
- Gain work and other skills and experience of working with other people and organisations.
- Meet new people and make new friends and connections.
- Get a certificate for your time with YFL.
- Work within our main or local offices or even online, depending on the volunteering role.
- Improve your skills and knowledge within specific areas including fundraising, international work, HR, finance, IT, environment, events management, teaching, marketing, social media, website development, business development among others.
- Access FREE any of our courses you access.
- You can also join one of the many internal and external training and development programs.
Yes. We provide a number of international volunteering opportunities to work in our office in Nairobi, Kenya or in various centres in Kenya.
Please see the guidelines of YFL International Volunteering to understand what is required of those seeking to get volunteering placement with YFK Kenya office.
See the list of YFL Local Partners to understand the various centres we work with and where opportunities may exist.
Check the latest YFL Jobs & Volunteer Vacancies to determine the position you wish to apply for.
Yes. You can volunteer and work with us at the local level if we have centres near where you live. See the list of YFL Local Centres.
You could also join one of our online roles and work from the comfort of your home. Check the latest YFL Jobs & Volunteer Vacancies.
We will also offer you free training and support to improve your skills and knowledge within specific areas. See some of the courses you access FREE by working with YFL.
Become YFL Local Centre
Help reach and engage with local youths by providing the following in and partners your local area:
- YFL courses through face-to-face, online, and/or hybrid options
- Organising skills bootcamps
- Organising local youth media activities
- Running local tree planting sessions
- Creating local tree nurseries