This is the first of seven courses in the Google Digital Marketing & E-commerce Certificate, which will equip you with […]
This is the first of seven courses in the Google Digital Marketing & E-commerce Certificate, which will equip you with the skills you need to apply to entry-level roles in these fields. People who work in digital marketing and e-commerce help their organizations attract new customers, engage customers through various digital channels, and drive transactions like purchases and customer loyalty. In this course, you’ll explore entry-level jobs in digital marketing and e-commerce and identify the roles and functions that those jobs play within an organization. You’ll also learn about the marketing funnel and how it shapes the customer journey.
Google employees who currently work in the field will guide you, providing hands-on activities and examples that simulate common digital marketing and e-commerce tasks, and helping you build your skills and prepare for the job.
Learners who complete the seven courses in this program will be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs in digital marketing and e-commerce. No previous experience is necessary.
By the end of this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Define the fields of digital marketing and e-commerce
- Describe the job responsibilities of an entry-level digital marketing coordinator and e-commerce analyst (and similar job titles)
- Summarize how this program will help prepare you for a career in digital marketing and e-commerce
- Identify the roles and functions that digital marketing and e-commerce play within an organization
- Understand the customer journey and the function of journey maps
- Explain the concept of a marketing funnel
- Understand the elements and goals of a digital marketing and e-commerce strategy
- Flexible deadlines
- Reset deadlines in accordance to your schedule.
- Shareable Certificate
- Earn a Certificate upon completion
- 100% online
- Start instantly and learn at your own schedule.
- Beginner Level
- Approx. 18 hours to complete
- Subtitles: English
- You’ll find out what’s in store for Course 1 and the whole certificate program. You’ll also learn about the Coursera platform, procedures, and content types, and meet other learners in the program. Then, you’ll learn about digital marketing and e-commerce basics, the tasks that people who work in these fields do, and the transferable skills you might already have. Finally, you’ll get some tips for embarking on careers in this field.
- You will explore the relationship between digital marketing and branding, and how businesses can leverage both to be successful. You’ll investigate the elements of a digital marketing strategy, including goal setting, channel selection, and content planning. Then you’ll learn about commonly used channels and platforms, like search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), display advertising, social media marketing, and email marketing.